Are you planning a mini break for yourself and your family? Here are a few tips to help you.
Start planning your trip at least three weeks in advance – this will give you ample time to arrange for visas, documents, tickets, etc
- Gather as much information as possible about the place you plan to visit. Most countries/cities have dedicated websites for tourists which provide a wealth of information like attractions, restaurants and things to do. Prepare notes on the activities you plan to engage in.
- Draw up an itinerary and (try to) stick to it. Write down all the specifics like dates, times, directions when possible. You will enjoy better if you try and stick to one or two activities for a day.
- Select a hotel close to your activities or within easy access to a public transport system. You know, time is precious when you have only a few days to spare!
- Pack light and do not forget to take a pair of good walking shoes with you.
- Don’t forget to bring back a souvenir like a local handicraft, a fridge magnet etc.
Last but not the least, make the most of it and enjoy yourself